Do You Have a Property Redevelopment Project We Can Help With?
SunEdison implemented phases of a building consolidation and plant reorganization program at its St. Peters, Missouri industrial campus. Spirtas Wrecking Company worked with SunEdison to complete the various selective and gross demolition tasks included in this program.
First in 2012/2013, and then again in 2015, SunEdison implemented phases of a building consolidation and plant reorganization program at its St. Peters, Missouri industrial campus. SWC worked with SunEdison to complete the various selective and gross demolition tasks included in this program.
Work undertaken by Spirtas Wrecking Company in these two phases of work included:
- Coordination of work with client’s abatement contractor.
- Removal of enclosed wastes requiring collection (such as consolidated lime and spent cutting oils) and coordination of work to protect against toxic residues, such as HF residues.
- Selected removal of redundant pipelines from common pipe racks remaining in service.
- Selected removal of HVAC, water treatment, laboratory and crystal pulling equipment from roofs, perimeters and interiors of buildings remaining in service.
- Building separations to allow for certain portions of buiding to remain for reuse.
- Mechanized demolition of steel-framed structures and removal of concrete slabs and foundation elements.
- On-site recycling of concrete inclusive of deployment of a mobile crushing plant, placement of fill and grading.
Between the various phases of the project, approximately 6,400 gross tons of metal scrap (steel, copper tubing and cable, brass, aluminum, and other white metals) were delivered to recyclers, and approximately 30,000 net tons of concrete was processed and reused on-site.